Jerusalem Day Tour
From the peak of Mount Scopus, we enjoy panoramic views of Jerusalem before descending the mountain, passing by the biblical Garden of Gethsemane, the Church of All Nations, and the Kidron Valley, which has magnificent Jewish tombs. The Cardo, Jerusalem’s Byzantine-era main street, can be found in the Jewish Quarter. We come to a halt before the holy Western Wall to drop a prayer note between the old stones. The tour includes a section of the Via Dolorosa that leads to the beautiful Church of the Holy Sepulchre. The site of Christ’s crucifixion and burial tomb can be seen here. We proceed to New Jerusalem after a lunch break and a stroll around the Old City marketplace. We arrive at the Yad VaShem Holocaust Museum after driving through the modern city. Authentic relics, historical documents, images, and video testimonials from Holocaust survivors are among the museum’s exhibits.
This tour will start on Mount Scopus. We’ll see the view of Jerusalem and the stunning Skyline that Jerusalem has to offer. We can see into the distance, the Temple Mount and the Old City are visible. The large golden dome of the Dome of the Rock is visible and offers a great opportunity for a photo. Progressing down the Mount we’ll pass the Garden of Gethsemane, the Church of all nations and Kidron Valley, the resting place of many Jewish followers from thousands of years ago.
Reaching the bottom of the Mount we’ll arrive at the Jewish Quarter where we’ll see the Cardo, a street created over 1,500 years ago. Following its creation the Crusaders added various stores to the Cardo, where modern stores sit within the structures today.
Continuing on, we’ll visit the Western Wall. This site is a sacred site to the Jewish community, as it is the only remaining part of the Second Holy Temple, a very important part of Jewish history. A tradition is to place a prayer on a note between the ancient stones of the wall, where you’ll be able to share this experience with many others from around the world.
From here we’ll follow Jesus’ footsteps along part of the Via Dolorosa, the route that Jesus took as he dragged his cross from Jerusalem to the Calvary. When Jesus reached the end of his journey, he was then crucified on the cross at the place where the Church of the Holy Sepulchre now stands. This church holds both his execution place and the tomb in which he was buried. Alongside these two iconic offerings, the church also has many artifacts to see.
We’ll have a lunch break before visiting the Old City Bazaar, allowing the opportunity to buy souvenirs and gifts from the Old City. Once we leave the Old City, we’ll make our way to our final stop at Yad VaShem Holocaust Museum. Travelling through the modern city to reach here, we’ll see the advancements that humanity has made over the years, from the Old City to the modern city. The Holocaust Museum holds many different documents, photographs, artifacts and more to talk you through the story of the Holocaust.
Pickup Places and Prices
|From||Pick up time||Large Group||Small Group|
|Sun S||Mon M||Tue T||Wed W||Thu T||Fri F||Sat S|
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Guaranteed departure
- Children under the age of 10 are not permitted to visit Yad Vashem due to the sensitive content
- Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders
- It is possible to have pick ups/ drop offs in different cities. However, we do not disperse to specific drop off locations
- On Fridays, Saturdays & Jewish Holidays, when the Holocaust Museum is closed, the tour will include a visit to the Church of All Nations at the Garden Gethsemane, King David’s Tomb and the Hall of the Last Supper on Mount Zion
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services