Masada and Dead Sea Tour
Check off two of Israel’s signature sights, the cliff-top fortress at Masada and the hyper-buoyant waters of the Dead Sea, in just one day on this guided tour. Learn about Masada’s tragic history as you ride the cable car, then wade in the Dead Sea’s soft clay and float in its mineral-rich waters. Along the way, catch sight of Jericho, Qumran, Ein Gedi, and the Inn of the Good Samaritan.
- Explore Masada and the Dead Sea, with views of key Judean Desert sights.
- Float in the Dead Sea’s mineral-rich waters: It’s impossible to sink.
- Hear Masada’s tragic history and the Dead Sea’s geology from your guide.
- Join the tour directly from your hotel.
This is a trip that combines both history and fascinating experience will commence through Jerusalem moving down below sea level to the biblical wilderness towards the Dead Sea. You will be able to see the Inn of the Good Samaritan and also alight on route to look out across the desert as we take you through point marking the sea level. Easily you will have the chance to see the historical city of Jericho where Joshua's troops caused the walls to fall and where Jesus healed the blind.
On getting to the shore of the Dead Sea we will follow the shoreline towards Masada, having the opportunity to climb the ancient Snake Path up Masada as the Romans did 2000 years ago, we take the convenient cable car up to the mountain top plateau. Amazingly, we will make you witness the mountaintop plateau where King Herod constructed a beautiful palace with all convenience, featuring; swimming pool, water cisterns, two beautiful palaces, and a synagogue respectively.
After the demise of King Herod, the mountain top was the Jewish zealots last military post stationed a distance from the main body of the troops as at the time the Romans tried to rid the land of Jews in the First Jewish-Roman War of 66-73AD. The interesting part of this was the 960 Jews didn't give the Romans the opportunity to get to the summit before they killed themselves, by attaining martyrdom.
In the course of moving back to the Dead Sea we will pass through the following historical places; the desert oasis of Ein Gedi, this is the place where there is lush foliage, waterfalls and where David hid from angry King Saul. And also Qumran where the 2,000-year-old Dead Sea Scrolls were found. Ending the day with a stop at the Dead Sea to enjoy the therapeutic mineral-rich waters and don't worry if you don't know how to swim, the high salt content.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Includes all entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Insurance of any kind
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking. Guaranteed departure!
• Business class option is available for upgrade and offers a small group size (maximum 19 people).
• Recommended to bring hats, bathing suit, towels, sun protection.
• Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
Pickup Places and Prices
|From||Pick-up time||Large Group||Small Group|
Business class tours offer a smaller group size (maximum 19 people).
• Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour.
• Non Show - 100% Cancellation fees.