Jerusalem and Bethlehem Biblical Tour
On this tour, you will experience the ancient cities of Jerusalem and Bethlehem, two of the most sacred Christian sites on Earth. It will begin on Mount Scopus, which offers a beautiful panoramic view of Jerusalem. Next, we’ll pass by the Garden of Gethsemane, Church of All Nations and Kidron Valley on our way to the Old City of Jerusalem. Upon arrival, we’ll visit the Jewish Quarter, including the Byzantine Cardo and Western Wall. We’ll continue on the Via Dolorosa, the route Jesus took as he bore his cross, until we arrive at the 12th-century Church of the Holy Sepulchre. This is the location of Christ’s crucifixion and the site of his burial tomb.
After departing from Jerusalem, we’ll travel to Bethlehem, arriving first at Manger Square. We will see the Basilica of the Nativity, which houses the grotto in which Jesus’ birth took place. We’ll also see the excavated mosaic from the first church built by St. Helen in the 4th century. We may be able to tour the chapel caves underneath the Church of Saint Catherine. We will return to the hotels upon leaving Bethlehem.
- Full-day Holy Land tour of biblical sites in Bethlehem and Jerusalem.
- See Israel's most important churches and follow Jesus' path down the Via Dolorosa.
- Guide shares insightful commentary on Bethlehem's Christian landmarks.
- Entrance fees plus hotel pickup and drop-off from Jerusalem make it comprehensive.
The tour begins with a beautiful panoramic view of Jerusalem from Mount Scopus. From here, you’ll be able to view the walls of the Old City, and see past the Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount. We’ll continue down the mountain to the Kidron Valley, passing historic landmarks such as the Garden of Gethsemane and the Church of all Nations along the way. The tour then enters the Zion Gate into the Old City of Jerusalem. Continuing through the Armenian Quarter to the Jewish Quarter, we’ll view the ancient Byzantine Cardo. We’ll pause at the Western Wall, which is the only portion of the Second Holy Temple surviving its destruction in 70 AD. Here, you’ll have the chance to place a prayer note in the wall before embarking on the Via Dolorosa. We’ll follow the route that Jesus walked as he carried his cross to his crucifixion on Calvary. This path will end at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, a magnificent church built in the 12th century which houses the last Stations of the Cross, including the location of Jesus’ crucifixion and burial site. We’ll walk through a traditional Middle Eastern market on our way out of the Old City.
The tour then continues to the city of Bethlehem where Jesus Christ was born. Upon entering Manger Square, we’ll go to the Basilica of the Nativity, a church built on the site of the Nativity Grotto where Mary gave birth to Jesus. Here, we’ll see mosaics from the 12th-century, as well as the 4th century mosaic from the first church constructed by St. Helen.
There may also be a chance to tour the Church of Saint Catherine, where visitors can tour underground caves with sacred tombs and chapels.
We’ll return to Jerusalem, and on the way we will pass the Church of the Angels in Shepherds Field, as well as the field where Ruth met Boaz.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Includes all entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Insurance of any kind
• Choose your tour language: English, Spanish, French or German.
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking. Guaranteed departure!
• Business class option is available for upgrade and offers a small group size (maximum 19 people).
• This tour includes a reasonable amount of walking; comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
• Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders.
• Entering the Grotto of Nativity may not be possible in some instances due to time constraints, schedules and number of visitors.
• Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
Pickup Places and Prices
|From||Pick-up time||Large Group||Small Group|
Business class tours offer a smaller group size (maximum 21 people).
• Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour.
• Non Show - 100% Cancellation fees.