Jerusalem and Bethlehem Day Tour
On this tour, you will experience the ancient cities of Jerusalem and Bethlehem, two of the most sacred Christian sites on Earth. It will begin on Mount Scopus, which offers a beautiful panoramic view of Jerusalem. Next, we’ll pass by the Garden of Gethsemane, Church of All Nations and Kidron Valley on our way to the Old City of Jerusalem. Upon arrival, we’ll visit the Jewish Quarter, including the Byzantine Cardo and Western Wall. We’ll continue on the Via Dolorosa, the route Jesus took as he bore his cross, until we arrive at the 12th-century Church of the Holy Sepulchre. This is the location of Christ’s crucifixion and the site of his burial tomb.
After departing from Jerusalem, we’ll travel to Bethlehem, arriving first at Manger Square. We will see the Basilica of the Nativity, which houses the grotto in which Jesus’ birth took place. We’ll also see the excavated mosaic from the first church built by St. Helen in the 4th century. We may be able to tour the chapel caves underneath the Church of Saint Catherine. We will return to the hotels upon leaving Bethlehem.
The tour in Jerusalem and Bethlehem starts at Mount Scopus with a stunning view of Jerusalem. The Old City walls may be seen from here, as well as the Temple Mount’s Dome of the Rock. Then we descend from Mt. Scopus to the Kidron Valley, passing Christian monuments like the Garden of Gethsemane and the Church of All Nations on our approach to the ancient city.
The tour of Jerusalem approaches the Old City at the Zion Gate and proceeds to the Jewish Quarter through the Armenian Quarter. Here we observe the Byzantine Cardo, an old excavated street, previously a busy roadway. We pause at the western wall, the one that withstood devastation in 70 AD, in the second holy temple. We proceed on Via Dolorosa after presenting a prayer note at the wall. Following the way, the Via Dolorosa brings us to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, taking his judgement to his crucifixion. This beautiful church of the 12th century has the last stations of the Cross, including Calvary, where Jesus was crucified and the tomb where he was buried. We depart the Old City through a typical Middle Eastern market.
The trip of Jerusalem and Bethlehem will take you to the birthplace of Christ, Bethlehem. We visit the basilica of the Nativity when we arrive in Manger Square. This church was erected atop Christ’s birthplace grotto. You can discover mosaics in the 12th century at the church and the original floor and mosaic from the first church erected in the 4th century by St Helen. If possible, We also visit Saint Catherine’s nearby church, where we descend to underground cellars and observe precious tombstones and chapels. We return to Jerusalem via the Angels Church in the Shepherds Field and the Field of Ruth, where the great grandmother of King David met Boaz.
Pickup Places and Prices
|From||Pick up time||Large Group||Small Group|
|Sun S||Mon M||Tue T||Wed W||Thu T||Fri F||Sat S|
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Guaranteed departure
- This tour includes a reasonable amount of walking; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders
- Passport compulsory for visit to Bethlehem
- Due to visitors overload a visit down to Nativity cave is not always possible
- Visit to Bethlehem may require a change of vehicle as well as a local Palestinian guide
- It is possible to have pick ups / drop offs in different cities. However, we do not disperse to specific drop off locations
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services