Caesarea, Haifa, Acre and Rosh Hanikra
The tour to the coastal cities of Israel begins with a drive, through the north of Tel Aviv; from where we arrive at the first point of, the city of Caesarea. Here, we explore the pristine Roman port of Caesarea, confine within are its amphitheater, hippodrome, relics of palaces, temples, and bathhouses. We keep on driving north, passing over the coast to the port of Haifa. Here we see the terraced Baha’i Gardens on Mt. Carmel and learn about the Baha’i faith. Our next stop is the sea caves of Rosh HaNikra, where we enter the cave chambers with a labyrinth of tunnels caused by the ceaseless crash of waves against the rocks. We return south to explore Acre; the biggest crusader city in the country. We tour the crusader fortress built in the 12th century, the Ottoman structures and the former Turkish and British mandate citadel prison.
- Explore Caesarea, Haifa, Acre, and Rosh Hanikra with a guide.
- See UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Acre and Haifa.
- Ride a cable car down to the magical sea caves at Rosh Hanikra.
- Take it easy with door-to-door round-trip transfers.
This mind-blowing tour to the coastal cities of Caesarea, Rosh HaNikra, Haifa and Acre kicks off as we journey over the north of Tel Aviv along the Coastal road. We travel up the beach resort cities of Herzilya and Natanya before reaching Caesarea. The deluxe and flourishing city of Caesarea takes us through the relics of Caesarea Maritima; an antiquated Roman city constructed under Herod, the King of Judea between 25-13BC. The port city is an exquisitely conserved Amphitheatre which is still used to date for performances by preeminent artists. Next to the Amphitheater is the hippodrome, the remains of Roman temples, palaces, and other magical structures, many of which are unearthed, and some protected to date. The City was disregarded for centuries before the crusaders arrived and established a city surrounded by massive fortified walls. After which Caesarea became a Byzantine capital.
Continuing on our tour we pass through Haifa; the third-largest city in Israel, built on the slope of Mount Carmel facing the sea. We stop to watch the amazing Baha'i gardens where 19 terraces flow down Mt Carmel. Each of the terraces is ingrained with geometric accuracy and decorated with colored flowers, fountains, and statues. We came across the shrine of Bab at the center of the garden. The myths behind the garden and its importance is thoroughly analyzed in the tour guide. The next stop is at Rosh HaNikra, the most extreme northern border where Israel meets Lebanon. Here the sea constantly crashes against the white cliffs resulting in a labyrinth of tunnels and caves hollowed out in the rock. From the mystery of nature, result, a magical turquoise color created from the reflection of the white rock into the blue water. Today, tourists descend the cave with the aid of a cable car, unlike before when the cables were only accessible from the water.
On our return journey, we make our way to the south, where we stop at the crusader city of Acre (Acco). Here in Acre is a lively Ottoman-era city with a busy market and fishing harbor right above the ground. An integral crusader city built in the 12th century is located beneath the surface. Also, we were able to see fortified walls and a moat that even Napoleon could not surmount, coupled with crusader remains, the Turkish citadel and sites used during the British Mandate. We depart Acre and travel back to the South along the coast which puts an end to the tour.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Includes all entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Insurance of any kind
• Choose your tour language: English, Spanish, French or German.
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking. Guaranteed departure!
• Business class option is available for upgrade and offers a small group size (maximum 19 people).
• Comfortable walking shoes and water are recommended.
• Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
Pickup Places and Prices
|From||Pick-up time||Large Group||Small Group|
Business class tours offer a smaller group size (maximum 19 people).
• Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour.
• Non Show - 100% Cancellation fees.