Caesarea, Acre and Rosh Hanikra Tour
The tour to the coastal cities of Israel begins with a drive, through the north of Tel Aviv; from where we arrive at the first point of, the city of Caesarea. Here, we explore the pristine Roman port of Caesarea, confine within are its amphitheater, hippodrome, relics of palaces, temples, and bathhouses. We keep on driving north, passing over the coast to the port of Haifa. Here we see the terraced Baha’i Gardens on Mt. Carmel and learn about the Baha’i faith. Our next stop is the sea caves of Rosh HaNikra, where we enter the cave chambers with a labyrinth of tunnels caused by the ceaseless crash of waves against the rocks. We return south to explore Acre; the biggest crusader city in the country. We tour the crusader fortress built in the 12th century, the Ottoman structures and the former Turkish and British mandate citadel prison.
As this tour begins its journey traveling north of Tel Aviv, passing through our destination coastal cities – Caesarea, Rosh HaNikra, Haifa, and Acre. On our way to our first destination, Caesarea, we will pass the beach resort cities of Herzliya, and Natanya. Upon arrival in Caesarea, the tour will commence – taking you through the remains of Caesarea Martima, an ancient city constructed by Herod, King of Judea in about 25-13 BC. The city was later considered a Byzantine capital. An amphitheater, hippodrome, temples, and palaces once stood among the city but have now been excavated and preserved. The amphitheater is the only remaining structure with live performances still being held in the structure.
Our journey takes us through Haifa, Israel’s third largest city situated on the slope of Mount Carmel as it overlooks the sea. Our tour through Haifa makes a stop at the Baha’i Gardens – where 19 terraces flow down Mt Carmel. Geometrically placed along the mountain, the terraces are decorated abundantly with flowers, fountains, and statues. At the centre of the gardens, you will find the Shrine of Bab. For you to learn more, your tour guide will provide some enlightenment on the Baha’i beliefs and the significance of their gardens.
Our next stop takes us to the extreme north border of the country where Israel meets Lebanon, and where the sea meets with the cliffs of Rosh HaNikra. The city is known for its white cliffs that reflect gently onto the blue water revealing an astonishing turquoise colour. Over the centuries, nature hollowed out a maze of tunnels and caves that can be accessed by tourists on a cable car.
As we make our return journey, we have one final stop in the Crusader City of Acre (Acco). On the surface, you can experience a vibrant Ottoman-era city where you can visit busy streets and a flourishing fishing harbour. However, when you journey beneath the surface, you can find an extraordinary Crusader city that was built in the 12th century. Littered with fortified walls that stood to protect the city, and a grand moat that could not be scaled by even the great leader Napoleon. Explore the Crusader remains, a Turkish citadel, and visit sites that were once used during the British Mandate.
The tour comes to an end as we leave Acre and travel back down South to return to our starting point.
Pickup Places and Prices
|From||Pick up time||Large Group||Small Group|
|Sun S||Mon M||Tue T||Wed W||Thu T||Fri F||Sat S|
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- The day tours schedule is subject to change in accordance with government guidelines for travelers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Guaranteed departure
- Comfortable walking shoes and water are recommended
- It is possible to have pick ups / drop offs in different cities. However, we do not disperse to specific drop off locations
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services