Nazareth and Sea of Galilee Tour
Follow the New Testament to Nazareth, Tiberias, and the Sea of Galilee on a full-day tour that explores some of Israel’s important Christian sites. With the opportunity for baptism in the Jordan River, you’ll see places where Jesus and the apostles are believed to have lived, preached, and worked miracles; a day that’s designed around New Testament events ensures you won’t miss out on the places that matter most.
Discover natural wonders, scenic delights and ancient sites on a tour that showcases some of Israel’s most significant Christian sites. Begin your tour heading north, hugging the Mediterranean Coast and passing through Herzliya and Netanya before turning inland towards Nazareth. Marvel at the Valley of Armageddon, sight Megiddo on the horizon and visit the Mount of Precipitation, where according to the Book of Luke Jesus was thrown off the mountain. On arriving in Nazareth, visit two sites of biblical importance, the Church of Annunciation and the Church of St. Joseph, before continuing on to the Sea of Galilee.
Travelling through rolling countryside, we pass Cana where Jesus performed the miracle of turning water into wine and enjoy views of the Mount of Beatitudes where Jesus gave his famous sermon. En route to the Sea of Galilee we stop in Capernaum and nearby Tabagha to visit more churches which hold significance in the bible, one the site of St. Peter’s home and one dedicated to another of Christ’s miracles, the multiplication of loaves and fishes.
On reaching Lake Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) we will tour the shoreline taking in scenic views of the location where Jesus once walked on water and where many of his miracles were performed. Surrounded by lush farmland and with the magnificent Golan Heights as a backdrop, it is an area of stunning natural beauty. The tour passes through the ancient 2,000-year-old town of Tiberias taking you to the point where the River Jordan empties into the Sea of Galilee. This is believed to be where John baptized Jesus. You too can be baptized in the Jordan River during the tour if you wish. One the homeward journey, there is time for one last highlight, as the tour passes Mt. Tabor, site of the Transfiguration before your journey ends.
Pickup Places and Prices
|From||Pick up time||Large Group||Small Group|
|Sun S||Mon M||Tue T||Wed W||Thu T||Fri F||Sat S|
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- The day tours schedule is subject to change in accordance with government guidelines for travelers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Guaranteed departure
- Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders
- Comfortable walking shoes and water are recommended
- Baptism with a priest in the Jordan River (Yardenit) – Our company does not participate in organizing a baptism with a priest. A traveler who wants to be baptized with a priest, will contact Yardenit site and coordinate it with them in advance. The estimated visit time in Yardenit is 15:30-16:15
- It is possible to have pick ups / drop offs in different cities. However, we do not disperse to specific drop off locations
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services