Nazareth and Sea of Galilee Tour
Follow the New Testament to Nazareth, Tiberias, and the Sea of Galilee on a full-day tour that explores some of Israel’s important Christian sites. With the opportunity for baptism in the Jordan River, you’ll see places where Jesus and the apostles are believed to have lived, preached, and worked miracles; a day that’s designed around New Testament events ensures you won’t miss out on the places that matter most.
- Explore the New Testament and the Holy Land sites of the Galilee.
- See a historic region through Christian heritage.
- Travel to and hear the stories behind four biblical sites with ease, in a day.
- On this tour, it is possible for visitors to also be baptized here in the Jordan River.
Depart from your hotel by air-conditioned coach and travel to Nazareth in the Galilee region. On route, hear tales of the city, known as the childhood home of Jesus, and its important role in the Christian faith. On arrival, visit some of Nazareth’s key religious sites.
See the Church of the Annunciation, where the Angel Gabriel is said to have spoken to the Virgin Mary, and see the Church of St Joseph, believed to stand on the site of Joseph’s carpentry workshop. Continue through the village of Kafer Kana, identified as the site of Cana where Jesus performed the miracle of wine, and arrive at the Sea of Galilee, Israel’s biggest freshwater lake and the setting of many biblical tales. Pass the Church of the Multiplication, the believed location of the miracle of the feeding of the 5,000, and explore Capernaum on the shores of the Sea.
View the ruins of the synagogue that stood where Jesus taught and see the modern church that sits over St Peter’s house, where Jesus is believed to have stayed.
Pass through the waterfront city of Tiberias and arrive in Yardenit – a sacred baptism site on the Jordan River. Admire this idyllic spot, and if you wish, take part in a Christian baptism ceremony. On your return, enjoy beautiful views of Mt Tabor, known to Christians as the Mount of Transfiguration, before your tour ends in your hotel.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Includes all entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Insurance of any kind
• Choose your tour language: English, Spanish, French or German.
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking. Guaranteed departure!
• Business class option is available for upgrade and offers a small group size (maximum 19 people).
• Comfortable walking shoes and water are recommended.
• Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders.
• Baptism with a priest in the Jordan River (Yardenit) - Our company does not participate in organizing a baptism with a priest. A traveler who wants to be baptized with a priest, will contact Yardenit site and coordinate it with them in advance. The estimated visit time in Yardenit is 15:30-16:15.
• Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
Pickup Places and Prices
|From||Pick-up time||Large Group||Small Group|
Business class tours offer a smaller group size (maximum 19 people).
• Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour.
• Non Show - 100% Cancellation fees.