Sea of Galilee, Cana, Magdala & Mt. of Beatitudes Tour
Our tour starts with a drive to Magdala where we see excavated remains of the BIblical fishing village. We drive to Ginosar kibbutz on the bank of the Sea of Galilee to see the Jesus Boat among other things at the Beit Yigal Allon Museum. We view the Mount of Beatitudes from the shore and drive to Kfar Cana where we end the tour with a visit to the Wedding Church.
We drive towards northern Israel and the region around the Sea of Galilee. We first stop at Magdala, the birthplace of Mary Magdalene. We get to see the remains of an ancient Biblical era fishing village and the ruins of a synagogue dated to the Second Temple period.
We continue our drive through the beautiful countryside to reach Ginosar on the western bank of the Sea of Galilee. During Jesus’ lifetime, Ginosar was a flourishing town. Now it is a kibbutz. A drought in 1986 made the level of the Sea of Galilee drop and the frame of an ancient fishing boat dated to 100BC-70AD was discovered. We visit the Jesus Boat, as it came to be known during our stop at the Beit Yigal Allon Museum here.
We then proceed to the shore of the Sea of Galilee to enjoy a view of the Mount of Beatitudes. From here we make our way to Kfar Cana, the Biblical site that finds several mentions in the Gospel of John. It is believed that Jesus performed his first miracle here by turning water into wine at a wedding feast. We make our last stop here at the Wedding Church. This two-storeyed Franciscan church has twin bell towers and a domed roof. The Nave of the church bears the remains of a 5th or 6th-century Byzantine mosaic. We tour the church museum which displays several artifacts found during excavations. There are six wine jars on exhibit, and it is conjectured that perhaps one of them was the very jar used by Jesus to perform his miracle at the wedding.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Includes all entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Insurance of any kind
• Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders.
• Recommended comfortable walking shoes, hat and water.
• This tour operates with a minimum passengers.
• Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
Pickup Places and Prices
• Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour.
• Non Show - 100% Cancellation fees.