Jaffa Flea Market Tour
The Jaffa Flea Market is one of Israel’s most peculiar markets. The flea market, or Shuk HaPishpushim, is an outdoor market where secondhand and antique goods are sold in Jaffa’s ancient port city. However, it is now much more than a market.
It’s a popular hotspot for foodies and those looking for one-of-a-kind discoveries. Jaffa market is a melting pot of diverse cultures and is one of the world’s oldest flea marketplaces. Your tour guide will lead you through the maze of alleys where trash, carpets, antiques, and repaired furniture overflow onto the sidewalk.
Learn about the most sumptuous eateries in the market area and try some of the best delicacies. Explore the unusual mix of household items, secondhand clothes, and homemade crafts as your guide narrates the history of the Jaffa market.
Learn about market culture and how it has lately transformed from a shabby trashy market to a popular, sophisticated hotspot for artists, fashionistas, and foodies. You’ll experience both the messy and stylish sides of the Jaffa flea market on this trip.
Join a trip organized by a native tour guide who knows everything there is to know about the Jaffa flea market. The market was built in the early 1900s, while Palestine was part of the Ottoman Empire. Jaffa was an important port when the Turkish established the market to supply merchants and pilgrims with everything they required. The market area has been rebuilt and repaired after Jaffa, and Tel Aviv were united under a single municipality.
Jaffa Market was once known for selling fairly used goods and junks. It was a run-down, neglected neighborhood. People from around the world are now drawn to its antique buildings and charming streets. Many ancient buildings are now home to trendy art galleries, artists’ studios, and tiny pubs.
Your guide will take you on a tour of the covered walkways, as well as the classic and trendy stores. The cafés that have become famed for their original meals, on your tour of the Jaffa flea market. Chef Jamie Oliver paid a visit to the restaurants of the Jaffa flea market during his visit to Israel! Stop by the popular Abulafia Bakery, which sells delicious pastries 24/7 none stop.
See Faruk BaShuk, a popular restaurant with outdoor seating in a gorgeous setting in a magical nook of the market. You’ll be able to taste some of the shuk’s most delicate dishes. Your guide will tell you about the market’s journey from shabby to fashionable, as well as points of interest where you can still see parts of the old market.
Vendors with piled-high products, shops dripping with chains and brass lamps, Persian carpets strewed over the sidewalks, and heaps of old apparel can all be found. After the tour, you’ll most likely want to stay in the shuk to look for rare treasures or sample more of the market’s delicious delicacies.
- English speaking guide
- Four snacks, one drink, and one dessert
- Hotel pick-up / drop-off
- Bottled water
- Meeting Time: 12:30 PM (Sunday & Wednesday)
- Meeting point: Marzuk Ve-Azar St 2, Tel Aviv-Yafo, “Tourist information center” Cafe
- Tour duration – 1.5-2 hours
- Tips optional
- Returns to the original departure point
- The tour is available on a private basis with special additions, upon request.
- Daily tours schedule (Day & time) is subject to change in accordance with government guidelines for travelers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees