Carmel Market Food Tour
Carmel Market is a popular hotspot in Tel Aviv for tourists and locals alike. It is busy and bright, alive with the essence of local culture and cuisine. Join us for a delicious tour of the Carmel Market. Take a peek at the stalls brimming with fresh produce and meats, pastries to delight those with a sweet tooth, diverse fashions, and electronics galore. In more recent years, the market has earned its reputation for the unique shops and services that they offer. You will be sampling plenty of the best treats, sweets, and meats that Carmel Market has available on the food tour. Carmel Market has generations of recipes ready for you to taste and enjoy. Your guide for this tour will introduce you to the culture of the market, the history, and reveal the hidden gems of the market. Get immersed in the vibrant colors, appetizing scents, and sounds on this Carmel Market tour.
Experience Tel Aviv’s outdoor market through your senses with all the many colors, aromas, and sounds. Your tour guide will be there to show you some unique stalls on the busy shopping streets of the Carmel Market. Since the 1920s, the Carmel Market has grown to offer a large variety of products. There, you’ll find tall mounds of fresh produce, large pouches of savory spices, meats cut on demand, and fish fresh from the sea. With many specialty stalls and small cafes, the market has become a popular destination for food lovers. The foods for sale at the Carmel Market are great representations of the various ethnic groups that have settled in Israel. Learn all about the culture of the market from your guide and taste some well-known and common market food on this tour. Such foods include homemade hummus, craft cheeses, Georgian specialties, and the fried, egg and potato-filled pastry from North Africa called “burrika”. Have a unique experience at Uzi Eli’s juice stall. For over 20 years, Uzi has created some of the most unusual juices for customers based on either physical, mental or emotional characteristics. For this, he has been known as the Etrog Man! His mixture of herbs, fruits, spices and plants serve as the remedy for whatever ails the customer. Each juice is made on the spot with all fresh and natural ingredients. This tasting tour also includes one of the Carmel Market’s specialty desserts that you won’t want to miss.
- English-speaking guide
- Food and drinks: Uzi Eli (drink), Georgian cuisine, burrika, cheese tastings, hummus, and dessert
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Bottled water
- Meeting Time: 12:30 PM (Tuesday)
- Meeting point: “Hamalabia”, 28, Gedera Street, Tel Aviv
- Tour duration – 2 hours
- Tips optional
- Returns to the original departure point
- The tour is available on a private basis with special additions, upon request.
- Daily tours schedule (Day & time) is subject to change in accordance with government guidelines for travelers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees