Galilee Jewish Private Tour
Explore the Jewish Galilee with Private Guide. We start the tour with Tiberias visit the Sea of Galilee and close by Tiberias to explore the excavations from the first century. We stop at the nearby graves of ancient Jewish philosopher Maimonides and Rabbi Meir Ba’al HaNes. your personale Private guide can explain you about Christian sites of interest around the Sea of Galilee and Bethsaida are also relevant to Jewish heritage. Continue to Kibbutz Ginossar and visit the Yigal Alon Museum. We finish our tour with visit in the Kinneret cemetery see the graves of the famous poet Rachel and song writer Naomi Shemer.
The day begins with a trip to the Jewish Galilee and its fascinating sites. We will start at the Sea of Galilee and in the city adjacent to it – Tiberias. Originally, this city was Pagan (in the first century) and was built by Herods near the Jewish city of Hamat.
Today, the city of Tiberias is an extensive city with tourist attractions and shopping centers that attract travelers from all over the country. There are many archaeological ruins in the city, which attest to the glorious past events that took place there. In Hamat, we will find the ancient synagogue that dates to the fifth-sixth century. In Tiberias, you can find graves of great rabbis who were of great importance to the Jewish community that lived in the city. Among the graves is the tomb of the famous Rabbi Meir Baal Haness. Have your personal guide explain the importance of the Capernaum and Bethsaida to both Jewish and Christian heritage.
From Tiberias, we will continue towards Kibbutz Ginossar. Within this kibbutz lies the Yigal Alon Museum. The museum will tell the extraordinary story of the pioneers who arrived to the land of Israel and established the kibbutzim 100 years ago. Next, we will stop at the grave of Rachel the poetess. Rachel was and still is considered one of the national poets who contributed one of the greatest contributions to Israeli poetry. Next to it is the tomb of Naomi Shemer, who by many is known as the national poet. Take a short drive to the excavators at Zippori. This was a prominent city in 1 BCE, which is remarkable as it has no natural springs or water sources. The population did not participate in the Jewish revolt of 67 CE and so was spared destruction. As a result of these facts, we will find an impressive mosaic that will accompany our footsteps along Zippori. We will end this tour day with an eye experience that will fill us with unparalleled excitement.
- Fully qualified and licensed private tour guide
- Transport by new air-conditioned private car
- Pick-up and drop-off services at your hotel or private address
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Parking and toll roads
- This itinerary is only a proposal; we can customize this private tour according to your wish
- On Saturday and holidays, an extra charge of $135 applies
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 3 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification less then 1 days.
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees