In the Footsteps of Jesus Tour
Retrace the footsteps of Jesus on this full-day guided tour of Jerusalem—an unforgettable experience for Christians and biblical history buffs. Visit the Church of the Ascension and the Church of All Nations with an overview of the Old City from the Mount of Olives. We visit the adjacent Garden of Gethsemane where Holy Jesus was arrested on the eve of his crucifixion. Then enter through the Lion’s Gate and see the Pools of Bethesda and the Church of St. Anne. Hear biblical stories during this popular walking tour.
- Follow in the footsteps the of Jesus and Via Dolorosa Trip.
- Full-day walking tour of Jesus’ footsteps in Jerusalem's Old City.
- Guide shares insights about popular Holy Land sights from the Mount of Olives.
- Hear biblical stories about Jesus at Church of the Ascension and more.
Our tour starts at Mount of Olives with a visit to the Church of the Ascension where Jesus is said to have ascended to heaven (Luke 24:50 – 51). A rock with a footprint believed to be of Jesus is preserved here. Originally built in 390, most of the current chapel was rebuilt during the Crusades (1150). The Church of the Pater Noster (Sanctuary of the Eleona) nearby, also preserved by the Crusaders, is where Jesus is said to have taught the Lord's Prayer and foretold his disciples of the imminent destruction of Jerusalem and the 2nd coming. The walls here carry plaques with the Lord's Prayer written in more than a hundred languages. A Crusader cloister also exists in the premise. The Mount of Olives overlooks the City of Gold across the ancient Jewish cemetery, the Old City and Temple Mount.
Next, we drive to the Church of Dominus Flevit (“the Lord Wept”). Designed by Antonio Barluzzi, the architecture of the Church resembles a teardrop. It is believed that Christ cried here as he envisioned the destruction of Jerusalem. From the window, we can see the walls of the Old City where the Second Temple once stood.
We then drive to the Church of All Nations and the Garden of Gethsemane. It is famous as the site where Jesus prayed before his arrest (Mark 14:32-46). The present building of the church was funded by twelve nations. Each nation’s coat of arms is displayed in decorative glass on the ceiling. The entrance has tall columns supporting a mosaic which shows Jesus as the connection between God and man.
From here we cross the Kidron Valley to reach Jerusalem's Old City. We enter via the Lion’s Gate and see the pools of Bethesda, mentioned in the Gospel of John, before visiting the Crusader Church of Saint Anne. The grotto here is considered the birthplace of Jesus' mother Mary. We then visit the Convent of the Sisters of Zion where we see the water cistern in the cellar dating back to the Second Temple era. We also see the Lithostratos. These engraved Roman flagstones were excavated from beneath the convent. It is believed that Pontius Pilate stood in judgment of Jesus in the courtyard of the Praetorium.
From here we take the Via Dolorosa or the Way of Sorrows, the route Jesus is said to have taken while carrying his cross towards his crucifixion. We pass by the Stations of the Cross and finally arrive at the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre which hosts Jesus’s tomb among other altars. Jesus is said to have been crucified here at Golgotha. The vast Byzantine basilica also houses five of the Stations of the Cross.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks
- Insurance of any kind
- Entrance fees
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking. Guaranteed departure!
• This tour operates with a minimum of 2 participants.
• This tour includes a reasonable amount of walking; comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
• Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders.
• Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
• Vegetarian Lunch
• Transfer to Ben Gurion Airport
Pickup Places and Prices
• Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour.
• Non Show - 100% Cancellation fees.