Bibleland Tour & Petra
Explore the best sites of the Bibleland and Petra. This 8 day adventure covers Israel top tour sites and Petra. Begin in Jerusalem to explore Shrine of the Book, model of the Herodian city of Jerusalem, Ein Karem;, Yad Vashem, Old City of Jerusalem, Western Wall, Temple Mount, Church of the Holy Sepulchre and more. Visit Bethlehem – the birthplace of Jesus at the Church of the Nativity and Manger Square. Continue to the north to explore Nazareth, Church of the Annunciation, Safed, Capernaum, Tabgha and more. Sleep at a kibbutz near Galilee and to continu to the Golan Hights, through Israel’s culture and history in modern Haifa, ancient Caesarea and Tel Aviv’s bustling port. Our last destination is the historical and archaeological UNESCO site Petra in Jordan.
The beginning of your journey in the Israel.
After passport control, the representative of Click Tours will be waiting to welcome you (with a sign with your name on it) at the arrival lounge, ready to drive your directly to your amazing vacation in Israel.
- You will begin your day at the Shrine of the Book, in Israel Museum, where you will be able to see the world-famous Dead Sea scrolls. Afterwards, you will be able to visit the newly re-done Herodian city of Jerusalem which comes from the time of the Second Temple.
- You will then be able to see the village of Ein Karem which is located just southwest of Jerusalem. This village is very important to the faith of Christianity because it saw the birth of John the Baptist, legend has it.
- Then you can visit Yad Vashem, which is the official memorial of the Jewish victims of the Holocaust and has been there since 1953. This is placed right at the bottom of Mt. Hertzl.
- Now, it’s time to visit Bethlehem, where Jesus Christ was born. You will be able to see the Church of the Nativity and Manger Square.
- Now, it is time to go back to your hotel in Jerusalem.
- You will go first to the Old City of Jerusalem to see the Western Wall and the real site of the Second Temple (the Temple Mount).
- You will have the opportunity to walk the Way of the Cross, the Via Dolorosa, to Calvary and to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. This is where you will find the real site of the Crucifixion and the Tomb of the Resurrection.
- You will be able to travel to the southwest of the Old City to see Mount Zion and the old tomb of King David and the Room of the Last Supper.
- Then it will be time to see the stunning views of Jerusalem from the top of the Mount of Olives. Enjoy the view of the city that is the birthplace of the world’s key religions; Christianity, Judaism and Islam.
- You will then visit the site of the betrayal of Jesus, by Judas; the Garden of Gethsemane.
- Now it is time to try Mahane Yehuda for the biggest market in Isreal. Experience the taste of the food, the smells of the spices and the wonderful array of colours in this area of downtown Jerusalem.
- Return to the hotel in Jerusalem, where you will sleep for the night.
- You will depart from Jerusalem and head north past Jericho which is the world’s oldest city.
- You will drive through the Jordan Valley and the newer settlements before arriving at Beit Shean to see the excavations of one of the most stunning Roman cities.
- Now it is time for you to see the world-renowned city of Nazareth where you can see the Church of the Annunciation as well as more holy sites of Christianity.
- You will then visit the city of Safed, home to the Kabbalah and an important site of Judaism. Now is the time to see the stunning streets located within the artists’ colony.
- You will be staying overnight in a kibbutz hotel in Galilee.
- Drive up to the Golan Heights passing by Banias, source of the Jordan River, former Syrian fortifications and the Druze villages.
- Enjoy an Israeli wine country experience, with vineyards surrounded by breathtaking views. Become acquainted with the collection of fine and rare wines enjoying a tour, wine tasting and understanding of the wine production process.
- Descend to the shore of the Sea of Galilee and proceed to Capernaum, to visit the ruins of the ancient synagogue, the Mount of Beatitudes, traditional site of the ‘Sermon on the Mount’ and Tabgha, the traditional site of the ‘miracle of the loaves and the fish’.
- Onwards to Tiberias, the old center of Jewish learning.
- Optional sailing on a boat across the Sea of Galilee to experience the tranquility and scenery little changed during the past 2000 years (subject to conditions and fee).
- Return to the kibbutz hotel for overnight.
- First thing after breakfast, you will be taken through the hills surrounding Galilee by car before arriving at Acre to see the world-famous Crusader stronghold as well as the medieval fortifications
- You will then proceed to Haifa and make your way down Mount Carmel to see a beautiful view of the city, which will include the Baha’i Shrine, Persian Garden, and the Haifa bay.
- You will be taken along the coastline of the Mediterranean sea until you reach Caesarea where you will find the Roman Theatre and Crusader fortress. This is known at the ‘masterpiece of Herod the Great’
- Now is time to head to Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv where you will proceed onto a very quick flight which will take you to Ramon Airport, Eilat. You will now be taken to the Red Sea Resort.
- You will spend the night in Eilat at a hotel.
- After breakfast you will leave Eilat and be taken into Jordan via the Arava border
- You will drive to Petra via the Jordanian desert and see the wonders that await you there. You will be passing through the Wadi Rum area.
- Now is time for the Rose City of Petra which is found through the Siq, a wonderful passage where you are taken through the mountains.
- You will now visit the Treasury which will leave you in awe of the beautiful sight.
- Now, continue to the very middle of this stunning old city which is located throughout wide and vast mountains. You will be able to pass through tombs and monuments including a stunning Amphitheatre which once allowed 3,000 people to spectate.
- You will leave the city now, and experience a wonderful lunch in Wadi Musa in the new town of Petra. Afterwards, you will visit the Moses Spring and then leave the area.
- Then, drive to Aqaba and take a tour of the city. Then, go back to the Arava border and return to the Ramon Airport to fly back to Ben Gurion airport again.
- Head to the Tel Aviv hotel for your final night.
Check out of the hotel following breakfast.
Transfer to Ben Gurion Airport for the flight home.
Goodbye to Israel! Hope to see you again on your next visit.
We use a variety of hotels in each destination, so you may stay in a hotel different to that listed here. Hotels are selected closer to departure date; you will receive a confirmed list prior to your departure date.
Tourist Class: Seanet Or Similar
First Class: Grand Beach Or Similar
Superuir Class: Crowne Plaza / Dan Panorama Or Similar
Tourist Class: Gate / Shalom Or Similar
First Class: Grand Court / Leonardo Or Similar
Superuir Class: Crowne Plaza / Dan Panorama Or Similar
Tourist Class: Kibbutz Hotel Or Similar
First Class: Kibbutz Hotel Or Similar
Superuir Class: Kibbutz Hotel Superior Or Similar
Tourist Class: Adi Or Similar
First Class: Vista / Soleil Boutique Or Similar
Superuir Class: Dan Panorama Or Similar
- 7 nights accommodation on bed & breakfast basis
- 4 Dinners (No dinner on first night and last 2 nights)
- All entrance fees & attractions as per tour itinerary
- Welcome & Assist at Ben Gurion Airport
- Arrival & Departure Airport Transfers
- Transportation in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Hand-picked expert tour guide
- Porterage at airport
- Tipping for guide, driver and hotel staff
- Beverages with meals
- Traveler’s medical/baggage insurance
- Any item, product or service not specifically listed under “Inclusions”
- Pre & Post Tour Accommodation
- The sequence of the tour, hotels used and sites visited may be amended due to circumstances
- Passengers should arrange their own travel, luggage and health insurance
- Click Tours Israel will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury
- Tours are conducted in English only
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services