Prehistoric Tour of Greece
Experience the wonders of ancient Greece on this 3-day tour from Athens. Marvel at the impressive Corinth Canal and visit the Theatre of Epidauros, renowned for its exceptional acoustics. Explore the ancient cities of Mycenae and Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Immerse yourself in Greek history as you visit the Archaeological Sites and Museums, and witness the magnificent bridge crossing the Corinthian Bay from Rion to Antirion. Enjoy picturesque stops along the way, including the charming town of Nafpactos and the renowned rug and carpet village of Arachova. Return to Athens enriched with the ancient tales of Greece.
On the first day, take the coastal road to visit the Corinth Canal, with a short stop to appreciate its beauty. Afterwards, proceed to the renowned Theatre of Epidauros, famous for its outstanding acoustics. Continue to the charming town of Nauplion for a brief photo stop before driving to Mycenae to explore the Archaeological Site and the Tomb of Agamemnon. Depart for Olympia, passing through Central Peloponnese and the towns of Tripolis and Megalopolis. Spend the night in Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games. Enjoy dinner at your accommodation.
Start your day with a visit to the Archaeological Site where you can explore the stunning Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus, the Ancient Stadium, and the Archaeological Museum. Later, continue your journey through the vast plains of Eliad and Achaia until you reach the magnificent bridge that spans the Corinthian Bay, connecting Rion to Antirion. Along the way, you’ll pass by charming towns like Nafpactos (also known as Lepanto) and Itea, before finally arriving in Delphi. Spend the night there and enjoy a delicious dinner.
Start your day by exploring the Archaeological Site and Museum in the morning. Afterward, you’ll have a couple of hours of free time in Delphi before departing. On your way back to Athens, you’ll pass through the village of Arachova, which is famous for its colorful rugs and carpets. As you make your way through Levadia and Thebes, take in the beautiful scenery before arriving back in Athens early in the evening.
We use a variety of hotels in each destination, so you may stay in a hotel different to that listed here. Hotels are selected closer to departure date; you will receive a confirmed list prior to your departure date.
Tourist Class Hotels: SUBJECT TO CHANGE Or Similar
First Class Hotels: SUBJECT TO CHANGE Or Similar
- 2 Nights hotel accommodation in Olympia and Delphi
- Marvel at the stunning coastal views as you depart on the road to the Corinth Canal
- Experience the Theatre of Epidauros, famous for its remarkable acoustics
- Take a quick photo stop in the charming town of Nauplion, with its picturesque streets and stunning architecture.
- Immerse yourself in history at the Archaeological Site of
- Mycenae, home of the legendary Agamemnon and his famous tomb.
- Wander through the awe-inspiring Archaeological Site of Olympia, including the Sanctuary of Olympian Zeus and the Ancient Stadium
- Cross the stunning bridge over the Corinthian Bay and pass through the charming towns of Nafpactos and Itea en route to Delphi
- Discover the myths and legends of ancient Greece at the Archaeological Site and Museum of Delphi, and enjoy a couple of hours of free time in the town
- Explore the colorful village of Arachova, known for its traditional rugs and carpets
- Finish your journey back in Athens. Arrive in the early evening with unforgettable memories of your incredible adventure
- Daily Breakfast and 2 Dinners
- Pick up / Drop off to your hotel in Athens
- Pre & Post Tour Accommodation
- Optional Activities & Experiences
- City Tax to be paid locally
- Drinks on meals
- Porterage at airport
- Tipping for guide, driver and hotel staff
- Item, product or service not specifically listed under Included
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services
You May Also Like
Explore the Best of Greece
Departure Days: Selected Dates
Greece Discovery & Island Hopping
Departure Days: Selected Dates
Highlights of Greece
Start / End: Athens to Athens
Athens, Mykonos & Santorini
Start / End: Athens / Athenss