Italy City Break
Do you fancy a new cultural experience? Italy is waiting for you! This 5 day tour will take you deep into the history and gastronomy of Italian culture. Start a novel experience in the fortified town Assisi and enjoy Siena, a well-known Unesco World Heritage Site. Dip in the artistic vibe of Florence – the place where Michelangelo brought Italian art to its culmination. Delight in the elegance of Bologna and Padova, and architectural wonders of Venice. Experience Tuscany, a gorgeous region famous for its art, history and ‘’drowned’’ in ‘’Nobile’’ wine. Remarkable landscapes, unique art pieces, delicious local gastronomy, and exquisite wine will make this trip unforgettable. Viva la bella vita!
A deluxe coach will pick you up at 7:15 am from the Hotel St. Martin and take you to Assisi. There you can explore on your own terms, for how long you want, this beautiful fortified town dating from the Middle Ages. It’s highly recommended to spare time for basilica of St. Francisc where Giotto and Cimabue artworks await to be discovered. After a deep immersion in art and history, you can enjoy a delicious lunch (not included in the price).
Then hop on the bus to Siena, a well-known Unesco World Heritage Site. Siena is famous for the Palio, a historical horse race taking place around Piazza del Campo – the shell-shaped town square.
Going further, the next adventure takes place on Florence. Here check in at the hotel and delight yourself with an amazing dinner and a well-deserved restful night.
Enjoy your breakfast and start exploring charming Florence. This city, the ‘’Cradle of Reinassance’’, is the place where Michelangelo created and brought Italian art to its culmination. This city with Etruscan-Roman origins started flourishing in the Middle Ages as a free ‘’Commune’’ and its development has been deeply influenced by the Renaissance wave.
The impressive monuments, churches and buildings will totally charm you. Do not miss one of the most important attractions – Duomo di Santa Maria del Fiore, built by Filippo Brunelleschi. Cross the piazzeta to contemplate the ‘’Campanile’’ tower, a masterpiece co-desgined by Giotto, and the Baptistery, with the ‘’Gates of Paradise’’ – bronze doors created by the one and only Michelangelo. Piazza de la Signoria, Palazzo de la Signoria (Palazzo Vecchio), and the Basilica of Santa Croce await for you in the heart of Florence.
Lunch will be served in Piazza Santa Croce, in a typical Tuscan restaurant. Then you can enjoy strolling the streets of Florence in the afternoon, or go for a short visit to one of the four main historical Marine Republics of Italy – Pisa (optional). There you can enjoy the Piazza dei Miracoli with the Dome (il Duomo), the famous ‘’Leaning Tower’’ of Pisa and the Baptistery. Dinner will be savored at leisure and you’ll sleep the night in Florence.
After you start your day with a delicious breakfast we will drive you to Piazza San Marco. You will see the prettiest parts of the “Floating City“. The most famous parts of the “Floating City“ are the Palazzo dei Dogi and the “Bridge of Sighs“. The Palazzo dei Dogi symbolizes Venice’s glorious past. After the walking tour ends, we would like to invite you for an Aspritz or a Prosecco. You can stroll along Venice’s canals during your free afternoon and then return to the hotel and enjoy your night.
Enjoy your breakfast and afterwards head to Tuscany, a well-known region for its landscapes, castles, churches and exquisite wine. The departure place is Piazzale Roma.
On your trip through Val di Chiania, you’ll do a first stop in Montepulciano, where you will immerse in a medieval vibe, rich in history and art. This town is renowned for its ‘’Nobile’’ wine and is also hosting a Jazz and Wine Festival in July every year.
You’ll savor lunch in a typical restaurant (included). Afterwards there’ll be a quick stop where you can enjoy some free time.
In the evening, you will arrive in Rome, where the tour ends.
We use a variety of hotels in each destination, so you may stay in a hotel different to that listed here. Hotels are selected closer to departure date; you will receive a confirmed list prior to your departure date.
4 Star Hotel: Raffaello Or Similar
4 Star Hotel: Delfino Or Similar
4 Nights hotel accommodation in Florence and Venice 4 Star Hotels
- Explore the beautiful fortified town of Assisi, dating from the Middle Ages, and discover the stunning basilica of St. Francis with breathtaking artworks by Giotto and Cimabue.
- Experience the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Siena
- Immerse yourself in the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence, where you can marvel at the architectural wonders such as the Duomo di Santa Maria del Fiore, the Campanile tower, and the Baptistery with Michelangelo’s magnificent “Gates of Paradise.”
- Wander through the enchanting streets of Florence, exploring the Piazza della Signoria, Palazzo Vecchio, and the Basilica of Santa Croce
- Discover the elegant city center of Bologna, characterized by its picturesque porticos and charming shopping streets, and visit Piazza del Nettuno, Piazza Maggiore, and King Rezon’s Palace
- Experience the beauty of Venice’s canals and enjoy leisurely strolls during your free time
- Journey through the picturesque Tuscany wine region and explore the medieval town of Montepulciano, famous for its “Nobile” wine and its vibrant Jazz and Wine Festival
- Conclude the tour in Rome, the eternal city
4 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
Transportation by deluxe motorcoach
International flights are not included
Insurance is not included
- Pre & Post Tour Accommodation
- Optional Experiences
- City Tax to be paid locally
- Drinks on meals
- Tipping for guide, driver and hotel staff
- Personal Expenses
- Arrival & Departure Transfers
- Item, product or service not specifically listed under Included
You May Also Like
Discovery of Italy
Departure Days: Selected Dates
Grand Journey of Italy
Start / End: Rome to Rome
Treasures of Italy
Departure Days: Selected Dates
Charming Sicily Food & Wine Tour
Departure Days: Selected Dates