Petra One Day Tour from Eilat
From your hotel you will be taken to the border where you cross from Eilat to Jordan and then you will travel the scenic ‘desert way’ to Petra, entering through the narrow Siq to explore the magnificent sites carved into the red mountain.
After an early departure from Eilat and crossing into Jordan we travel 2 – 3 hours along the scenic mountain route, the desert way, to Petra, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, briefly stopping for an overview.
After passing the Obelisks in front of the cave tomb we enter the narrow, 1,200 meter long canyon, the Siq, with an option to ride for the first few hundred meters. As we walk through the gorge with the towering red stone on either side we marvel at the incredible sites carved into the red mountain.
The magnificent façade of the treasury with its Corinthian columns is particularly well-preserved as it is deeply carved into the rock and protected by rock overhang. To give you an idea of the height, the funeral urn alone, tucked away up in the heart of the façade is eleven feet high.
The colossal Deir (temple, monastery) which dwarfs us is over forty meters high, its columns reaching more than two storeys. At the Roman theatre we can but wonder who filled the seats. We marvel at the numerous tombs, each uniquely designed, and the sacrificial altar.
After a late lunch we return to Aqaba where, time permitting, we will do a short tour prior to crossing to Eilat.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed Jordanian tour guide
- Entrance fees to Petra
- Lunch in an authentic local restaurant
- Transport by a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Visa issuing and border fees: $125 for visa issuing and fees; $65 for travelers with valid visa stamp
- Tour operates in English. Other languages available for extra cost with advanced notice
- Valid passport is essential. Passport details are required for tour reservation process
- Travelers of certain nationalities require advance issue of visa. For more information please contact us
- Border crossing includes border control and customs, this process may take up to an hour
- We recommend that you wear warm clothing in winter; a hat in summer and comfortable walking shoes
- Lunch will be late so we recommend that you have breakfast before departure
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services