Jerusalem Old City Tour
Before we enter the Old City we’ll admire the breathtaking view of Jerusalem’s skyline from the Mount of Olives. After seeing beyond the Dome of the Rock and outside the Old City walls, we’ll descend the mount towards Jerusalem, we’ll pass by various landmarks such as the Garden of Gethsemane, Kidron Valley and more. After we pass the Dormition Church we’ll arrive on Mount Zion.
The Room of the Last Supper and David’s Tomb are both places we’ll visit on our journey before we enter the Old City through the Zion Gate, passing through the 500 year old walls. At the Jewish Quarter we see the Byzantine-era Cardo and the Western Wall, known as The Kotel.
As we continue with the tour we’ll retrace the route that Jesus took in his final moments, now named the ‘Via Dolorosa’. At the end of this route we’ll find ourselves at the Holy Sepulchre, the church built to commemorate both Jesus’ place of crucifixion and his burial chamber. We’ll end our tour at the Old City Bazaar, full of relics for you to purchase.
- Choose your tour language: English, Spanish or French.
- See Jerusalem’s skyline from the top of the Mt. of Olives.
- Learn about the city’s 4,000-year-old history.
- Visit the traditional Old City bazaar.
- See some of the world’s holiest sites.
- Visit the Wailing Wall and Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Hotel pick-up from Tel Aviv, Netanya, Herzliya and Jerusalem.
We’ll start the Jerusalem Old City Tour by seeing beyond the Old City walls to the Temple Mount, a very important part of Jewish history, and the Dome of the Rock. From here we‘ll also see an overview of Jerusalem from the Mount of Olives. As we descend down the Mount towards the Old City, there are various different sights to behold. The Garden of Gethsemane, the Church of All Nations and the Kidron Valley are all sights we’ll see as we approach our destination.
Passing the Dormition Church and arriving on Mount Zion, we’ll then head to the famous Room of the Last Supper, where it is believed that this is where the Last Supper took place and Jesus sat, surrounded by his disciples, on the eve before his crucifixion. Less commonly known, the room is also known as the ‘Upper Room’ as it is situated above King David’s Tomb.
The Jerusalem day tour will enter into the Old City, via the Zion Gate, into the Armenian Quarter. From in here, we’ll make our way through the old city whilst your tour guide shares fascinating tales through the years of this place before making our way over to the Jewish Quarter. A sight to not miss, the Byzantine-era Cardo, will be here. This street is over 1,500 years old and was the main street into Jerusalem.
The Western Wall, a huge part of the Jewish community will be found here. We’ll stop to admire this landmark and learn about its history, how it is the only part of the Second Holy Temple that still stands today. A common tradition for others is for people to come and place their prayers onto a note and enter it between the stones of the wall, and we’ll join others in doing just that. From here we’ll move on and retrace the very same route that Jesus once took as he pulled his cross to the Via Dolorosa. Following this route will take us to our next destination, a church that stands from the 4th century, the Holy Sepulchre. This structure was built to encompass both the place of Jesus’ crucifixion and the place of his burial.
To bring the tour to a wrap, we’ll finish with some retail therapy in the traditional Old City Bazaar, filled with various Christian relics and souvenirs available for you to purchase and take home.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Includes all entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Insurance of any kind
• Choose your tour language: English, Spanish, French or German.
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking.
• Business class option is available for upgrade and offers a small group size (maximum 19 people).
• Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders.
• Tour operated on Fridays, Saturdays and holidays only. For departures on weekdays, book the Jerusalem Old and New Tour.
• Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
Pickup Places and Prices
|From||Pick-up time||Large Group||Small Group|
Business class tours offer a smaller group size (maximum 21 people).
• Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance.
• Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour.
• Non Show - 100% Cancellation fees.