Jerusalem Old City Tour
We’ll start the Jerusalem Old City Tour by seeing beyond the Old City walls to the Temple Mount, a very important part of Jewish history, and the Dome of the Rock. From here we‘ll also see an overview of Jerusalem from the Mount of Olives. As we descend down the Mount towards the Old City, there are various different sights to behold. The Garden of Gethsemane, the Church of All Nations and the Kidron Valley are all sights we’ll see as we approach our destination.
Passing the Dormition Church and arriving on Mount Zion, we’ll then head to the famous Room of the Last Supper, where it is believed that this is where the Last Supper took place and Jesus sat, surrounded by his disciples, on the eve before his crucifixion. Less commonly known, the room is also known as the ‘Upper Room’ as it is situated above King David’s Tomb.
The Jerusalem day tour will enter into the Old City, via the Zion Gate, into the Armenian Quarter. From in here, we’ll make our way through the old city whilst your tour guide shares fascinating tales through the years of this place before making our way over to the Jewish Quarter. A sight to not miss, the Byzantine-era Cardo, will be here. This street is over 1,500 years old and was the main street into Jerusalem.
The Western Wall, a huge part of the Jewish community will be found here. We’ll stop to admire this landmark and learn about its history, how it is the only part of the Second Holy Temple that still stands today. A common tradition for others is for people to come and place their prayers onto a note and enter it between the stones of the wall, and we’ll join others in doing just that. From here we’ll move on and retrace the very same route that Jesus once took as he pulled his cross to the Via Dolorosa. Following this route will take us to our next destination, a church that stands from the 4th century, the Holy Sepulchre. This structure was built to encompass both the place of Jesus’ crucifixion and the place of his burial.
To bring the tour to a wrap, we’ll finish with some retail therapy in the traditional Old City Bazaar, filled with various Christian relics and souvenirs available for you to purchase and take home.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Guaranteed departure
- Children under the age of 10 are not permitted to visit Yad Vashem due to the sensitive content
- Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders
- It is possible to have pick ups / drop offs in different cities. However, we do not disperse to specific drop off locations
- On Fridays, Saturdays & Jewish Holidays, when the Holocaust Museum is closed, the tour will include a visit to the Church of All Nations at the Garden Gethsemane, King David’s Tomb and the Hall of the Last Supper on Mount Zion
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees