Highlights of Jerusalem with Late Departure
If you’re a person who enjoys sleeping-in and taking your time to get off your bed in the morning, then you’ll love this tour. It doesn’t begin too early like other regular tours; yet, the tour covers every top attractions.
After your late pick-up from one of the select hotels in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem the tour takes you to the top of Mount Scopus for a panoramic views across Jerusalem. Leaving the mount we descend past the Garden of Gethsemane and Church of All Nations arriving at the Old City.
We walk through the Jewish Quarter and see the Byzantine-era Cardo, an excavated main thoroughfare with niches on either side for stores and impressive colonnades that line the street. We stop at the Western Wall; a sacred Jewish site where you can pause to place a prayer note between the ancient stones.
We follow a section of the Via Dolorosa and see several of the Stations of the Cross that mark points where Jesus stumbled and paused as he carried his cross to Calvary. The Via Dolorosa or Way of Sorrows leads us to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, a 12th century church built around Calvary and Christ’s burial tomb. This massive, ornate church is shared by several Christian denominations and holds incredible treasures and multiple shrines.
Leaving the Old City we visit Mount Zion site of the Room of the Last Supper, where Jesus broke bread with his disciples on the eve of his crucifixion. The Room of the Last Supper is also called the Upper Room as it is above another important site – King David’s tomb where the faithful come to pray. This tour draws to an end with drop-off points at a Jerusalem Light Rail stop and at the BY14 Hotel in Tel Aviv.
- Tel Aviv – BY14 TLV Hotel, 09:00 am. Ends back at the BY14 TLV Hotel
- Jerusalem – Grand Court Hotel, 10:00 am. Ends at the light rail station
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks
- This tour includes a reasonable amount of walking; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders
- This tour operates with a minimum number of participants
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees