Nazareth and Sea of Galilee Day Tour from Haifa Port
After your ship docks in Haifa, the Nazareth and Sea of Galilee tour will start with a drive to the city of Nazareth, the birthplace of Jesus Christ. While in Nazareth, you can explore the Church of the Annunciation and the Church of St. Joseph. After leaving Nazareth, you will pass by Mary’s Well as you travel to the Sea of Galilee area. The tour will also make a stop in Kfar Kanna, which is known as biblical Cana. It is in this location that Jesus is said to have turned water into wine. Next, you and the rest of the excursion participants will have the opportunity to see the Mount of Beatitudes and tour the church there, which overlooks the Sea of Galilee. One of Jesus’ most famous miracles was feeding the masses, and on this day tour, you will also visit Tabgha’s Church of the Loaves and Fish, which commemorates this biblical event. Lastly, you will make your way to Kfar Nachum, also known as Capernaum, where Jesus based himself during his ministry. After a stop for lunch at a local restaurant, you will continue to the baptismal site of Yardenit. If there is time, you can be baptized in the Jordan River as Jesus was, himself. This glorious day tour from Haifa port ends when you are returned to your cruise ship.
We will begin the tour by leaving the port of Haifa and heading on a 1-hour drive through the picturesque countryside of northern Israel on our way to Nazareth.
During the tour, you will pass through the Jezreel Valley, the Bible mentions that this was the site of Armageddon.
Once we have arrived at Jesus’ home town of Nazareth, you will be able to visit the Church of the Annunciation. This is where the Angel Gabriel appeared before Mary to give her the news that she would bear God’s son.
We will then visit the Church of St. Joseph, Here you will experience the opportunity of going underneath the church to a grotto which is believed to be the Holy Family’s home and the place where Joseph worked as a carpenter.
Shortly after leaving the Church of St. Joseph, we will pass Mary’s Well before travelling through Kfar Kana, (Cana) where Jesus turned the water into wine.
Our next stop will be the Mount of Beatitudes with its breathtaking view of the Sea of Galilee. Here you will be able to see the Antonio Barluzzi-designed eight-sided church. This is built to commemorate the site of the Sermon on the Mount where Jesus taught his followers.
After a short trip further down towards the coast we will arrive at the Church of the Multiplication of Loaves and Fish in Tabgha. Here you will be able to marvel at the rediscovered floor mosaic that was created more than 1,500 years ago. This is understood to be the site where Jesus fed the gathering crowds. (Mark 6:30 – 46).
We will then leave to visit Capernaum. Originally this was the biblical town of Kfar Naḥum, which means “village of comfort”. This is where Jesus lived while spending much of his time teaching and performing miracles.
We will take a break for lunch at one of the restaurants in the city before heading out to the baptismal site of Yardenit on the banks of the river Jordan. If it is possible, you may be able to take the opportunity to be baptised in the river that is visited by hundreds of thousands of tourists every year.
Yardenit will be the last point of call on this fascinating tour of arguably the most important sites in Christianity within Galilee.
While on the trip back to your cruise ship in the port of Haifa, we will pass by the Horns of Hattin. These twin peaks are where the famed battle between the Crusaders and the Saladin took place in 1187.
- Pick up and drop off at Haifa cruise port
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- In the booking process, it is very important to let us know the ship’s name, as well as the docking time
- The schedule shown is for the 9-hour Nazareth and Sea of Galilee Tour from Haifa Port when pick-up time is 8:00 in the morning and return to the port is by 17:00
- If your cruise ship docks at Haifa cruise port later than scheduled, we will delay the pick-up time accordingly
- As we are obliged to return you to the port on time, in cases where the day tours from Haifa port start after 8:00, we will have to shorten the tour to meet the ship’s schedule. (A shorter itinerary will not include all the sites listed in the tour description)
- When you arrive at the port, a guide will be waiting for you, holding a sign
- Please bring a hat and water. Dress modestly (no shorts) as we will be visiting religious sites
- Please bring comfortable walking shoes as there is walking involved on this tour. This excursion is not suitable for guests with mobility issues
- Some sites may not be visited and others included subject to accessibility, security, holiday festivities, or other circumstances
- The tour is available for customers that arrive on cruise ships to Haifa port only
- Our company does not participate in organizing a baptism with a priest
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services