Jewish Heritage: Jerusalem and Masada
This 3 days tour visits Jerusalem, Masada and the Dead Sea at the lowest point on Earth. Walk through Jerusalem’s Old City and visit iconic landmarks like the Wailing Wall and Holy Sepulchre Church then visit Yad VaShem Holocaust Museum. In Bethlehem visit the Nativity Church and see where Jesus was born. Drive south through stunning scenery to Masada and Dead Sea.
Visit the Tomb of King David on Mt. Zion. Walk along the Cardo, heart of the ancient Roman city. Visit the four Sepharadic synagogues restored after 1967 war in the Jewish quarter and tour the Western Wall tunnels. Visit the archaeological park at Davidson center; walk through the colorful local bazaar to visit the Tower of David museum presenting the history of Jerusalem and ancient remains of the city beginning with the first temple period.
Enjoy seeing the Bar-Mitzvah ceremonies at the Kotel. Drive through Mea Shearim, one of the oldest Jewish neighborhoods in Jerusalem and learn about the unique lifestyle of the ultra orthodox communities. Proceed to Mount Herzl , the military cemetery, and Yad Vashem the memorial to the Holocaust. Visit the Ammunition Hill, a former Jordanian army stronghold , conquered by the Israeli army in the six day war, and converted into a national memorial site and museum. Drive by the Knesset, Israel’s parliament and see the Menorah with the biblical emblems. Next visit Israel Museum, the Shrine of the book where the Dead Sea scrolls are housed, and the Holyland model, a miniature replica of Jerusalem as it was during the second temple period.
We will start the morning with driving towards the Dead Sea through the Judean Desert. The Dead Sea is the lowest point in the world (400 meters below sea level). We will stop at the Qumran caves, where archaeologists have discovered the Dead Sea Scrolls. The next stop is Masada. Masada is an ancient Jewish fortress during the Second Temple period. During the Roman siege on the mountain, the Jews fortified themselves in this fortress. We’ll go to the top of the mountain using the electric cable car. Then we will continue towards the Dead Sea and enjoy flooding over the salt water and spread the Dead Sea’s mud on our body, as it is well known for its medicinal abilities.
Dates & Prices
Prices shown are per person in USD ($), Based on double occupancy. Get in touch with our expert team for a quote based on Single Traveler, Triple, Children, Special group discounts, or to tailor this itinerary.
|Start Date / End Date||Tourist Class||First Class||Superior Class|
|COMING SOON||COMING SOON||COMING SOON||COMING SOON|
- 2 nights accommodation on bed & breakfast basis
- All entrance fees & attractions as per tour itinerary
- Transportation in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Hand-picked expert tour guide
- Porterage at airport
- Tipping for guide, driver and hotel staff
- Beverages with meals
- Traveler’s medical/baggage insurance
- Any item, product or service not specifically listed under “Inclusions”
- Pre & Post Tour Accommodation
- The sequence of the tour, hotels used and sites visited may be amended due to circumstances
- Passengers should arrange their own travel, luggage and health insurance
- Click Tours Israel will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury
- Tours are conducted in English only
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services