Masada and the Dead Sea Day Tour from Ashdod Port
Visit Masada and the Dead Sea on a ship-to-shore tour from Ashdod Port. This Masada and Dead Sea itinerary was designed for cruise ship passengers arriving in Ashdod. When a cruise ship anchors in Ashdod, passengers can take a tour to Masada and the Dead Sea. Take this Masada and Dead Sea trip for an unforgettable experience. The adventure begins when your guide meets you at Ashdod port and drives you south through the breathtaking Judean Desert landscape to the lowest point on Earth. Take a tour of Masada and see the ruins of Herod’s hilltop fortress. Visit the Masada Museum, which features a short film about the history of Masada. After that, we head to the Dead Sea Ein Bokek beach for lunch and some free time swimming and floating in the Dead Sea. The tour concludes with a drive back to the Ashdod cruise port via Arad.
Your day trip will start with a journey south in a comfortable, air-conditioned car when your tour guide meets you at the Ashdod cruise port. We travel the narrow route that descends into the Judean Desert’s mountains. You will descend to the Earth’s lowest point below sea level. We travel toward Masada, parallel to the Dead Sea.
You’ll use a cable car at Masada to get to the plateau summit of this massive rock outcrop, which is 1,424 feet (434 meters) high. Visit the ruins of King Herod’s palace-fortress on a guided tour. Discover more about the complex and explore the well-preserved ancient relics, which include mosaics, spaces for storing things, palaces, and baths.
Visit the Masada Museum at the foot of the mount as well, which has more than 500 items discovered at Masada and view an audiovisual presentation about Masada’s history.
After leaving Masada, we travel to the Dead Sea’s Ein Bokek beach. Either at Masada or the beach, you will take a break for lunch. The rest of the afternoon can be used to unwind on the beach or float in the Dead Sea at your leisure.
Take a refreshing dip in the Dead Sea’s mineral-and salt-rich water, or get some Dead Sea mud for an all-natural skin treatment. We travel back to Ashdod Port and your cruise ship through Arad after a day filled with adventure, history, and fun.
Pickup Places and Prices
|From||Pick up time||Price|
|Sun S||Mon M||Tue T||Wed W||Thu T||Fri F||Sat S|
- Pick up and drop off at Ashdod cruise port
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Cable car and entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- In the booking process, it is very important to let us know the ship’s name, as well as the docking time
- The schedule shown is for the 9-hour Masada and Dead Sea Tour from Ashdod when pick-up time is 8:00 in the morning and return to the port is by 17:00
- As we are obliged to return you to the port on time, day tours from Ashdod port starting after 8:00 will have to be shortened to meet the ship’s schedule. (A shorter itinerary will not include all the sites listed in the tour description)
- When you arrive at the port, a guide will be waiting for you, holding a sign
- The tour is available for customers that arrive on cruise ships to Ashdod port only
- Some sites may not be visited and others included subject to accessibility, security, holiday festivities, or other circumstances
- Please bring a hat, water, a bathing suit, a towel, and comfortable walking shoes. Bring sandals or other footwear for the Dead Sea as the seabed can be slippery
- This excursion is not suitable for guests with mobility issues
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services