Explore the beauty and history of Sicily with this exciting 7-day tour! Begin your journey in Palermo and marvel at its rich history and stunning architecture. From there, visit Monreale, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and enjoy a walking tour of the charming streets of Palermo. Next, explore medieval villages and sample traditional Sicilian products in Marsala. Discover the ancient Greek ruins at the Valley of Temples, and admire the world-famous Roman mosaics at Villa Romana del Casale. Stroll through the captivating town of Ragusa, before exploring the impressive Baroque architecture of Noto and Syracuse. Finally, climb Mount Etna, Europe’s largest active volcano, and take in the awe-inspiring landscape. With an itinerary that combines history, culture, and natural beauty, this tour is sure to create unforgettable memories!
Welcome to Sicily! After your arrival in Palermo, make your own way to your hotel and settle in. In the evening, enjoy a delicious dinner at the hotel and take some time to relax and prepare for the exciting adventures that await you in the coming days.
Begin your day with a delicious breakfast at the hotel, before embarking on a morning excursion to Monreale, a historic royal town renowned for its almonds, olive oil, citrus fruits, and exquisite Norman architecture. Recently added to the UNESCO World Heritage List, Monreale is a must-see destination. Visit the stunning Cathedral of Monreale, and then indulge in some local shopping for delicacies and souvenirs. Afterward, return to Palermo and continue your day with a walking tour of the city. Stroll through the charming streets of the Old Town, and hear stories about Palermo’s rich 3,000-year history. Visit the awe-inspiring Palermo Cathedral, and admire its arches, cupolas, and mosaics, showcasing a unique blend of influences from various dominations on the island. You’ll have some free time in the late afternoon to relax before enjoying dinner at the hotel. Overnight stay.
Start your day with an early breakfast and set off to the medieval village of Erice, perched on the side of Monte San Giuliano. This picturesque village is said to have remained relatively unchanged since the sixth century, and is perfect for a cool and pleasant morning walk. From there, head to the Saline, an extraordinary lagoon where history, nature, and archaeology blend seamlessly to offer visitors a unique and charming experience.
Next, journey to Marsala, renowned for its Marsala wine. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to partake in a sensorial experience by visiting a traditional tavern and sampling regional products during a light but unforgettable lunch. Afterwards, return to your coach and travel to Agrigento, your final destination of the day.
Explore the ancient Greek monuments and ruins at the Valley of Temples, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Learn about archaeological relics like the Classical Temple of Concord, the Temple of Hercules, and the Temple of Jupiter, one of the largest Doric-style buildings. Entrance to the Valley of Temples is included. Afterward, check in to your hotel and enjoy dinner before settling in for the night.
Begin your day with a breakfast at the hotel before embarking on your journey to Piazza Armerina, a charming and historic town nestled in the heart of Sicily. Upon arrival, enter Villa Romana del Casale, where you can marvel at the largest, richest, and most intricate Roman mosaics in the world.
This site has been recognized as one of Italy many UNESCO World Heritage Sites since 1997. Spread across 3,500 square meters, the mosaics showcase both mythological scenes and depictions of daily life.
Next, continue your journey to Ragusa and explore the captivating historical center of Ibla. Here, you’ll encounter breathtaking baroque palaces and churches that are nothing short of awe-inspiring. Along with seven other cities in the Val di Noto region, Ragusa has been added to the prestigious list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Take in the sights of the old gate of San Giorgio and the Giardini Iblei before strolling to Piazza Pola, where you can visit the small yet stunning San Giuseppe church.
Prepare to be enchanted by the elegant Cathedral of San Giorgio, the Church of the Souls in Purgatory, and the magnificent Cosentini palace, which is considered one of the most intriguing Late Baroque palaces in Sicily. After a day filled with experiences, return to the hotel for dinner and a restful overnight stay.
Begin your day with a breakfast at the hotel before embarking on a journey to Noto, a charming fishing town famous for its impressive Baroque architecture. Take a stroll in the town center, and visit the recently restored Cathedral of San Nicolò, which was damaged by an earthquake. Next, continue your journey along the scenic south coast towards Syracuse, located at Sicily’s southeastern edge. Explore the “Parco Archeologico della Neapolis,” Syracuse’s renowned archaeological area, which houses a vast collection of ancient Greek and Roman ruins from all over Sicily. The Greek Theater, the Roman Amphitheater, and the Ear of Dionysius, a man-made limestone cave, are among the notable landmarks you’ll see. After the tour, cross one of the city’s bridges to the island of Ortygia, Syracuse’s oldest district, where you’ll find a plethora of Baroque churches and medieval palaces. As the day draws to a close, head to Taormina and check-in at your hotel. Enjoy a dinner before retiring for the night.
Begin your day with a delightful breakfast at your hotel, and then head out to explore Mount Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe and the highest mountain in Italy. Take in the fascinating information about volcanic activity and admire the old lava fields and black magma rock formations that make up the awe-inspiring landscape of Mount Etna. If the weather permits, you can seize the opportunity to climb to the summit, which sits at an impressive height of 1800 meters. After a day of adventure, return to Taormina, the enchanting and romantic town situated on Mount Tauro. You will have the afternoon to enjoy leisure time in Taormina. Savor a delicious dinner and spend the night at your hotel.
On the final day of your tour, indulge in one last scrumptious breakfast before bidding farewell to Taormina. If you would like to extend your stay, you can book extra nights in Taormina to further explore the town’s beauty and charm.
We use a variety of hotels in each destination, so you may stay in a hotel different to that listed here. Hotels are selected closer to departure date; you will receive a confirmed list prior to your departure date.
- 6 nights of accommodation in 4-star hotels.
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage town of Monreale and visit the Cathedral, indulge in some local shopping, and then continue your day with a walking tour of Palermo’s charming Old Town
- Explore the picturesque medieval village of Erice and the Saline lagoon where history, nature, and archaeology blend seamlessly to offer visitors a unique and charming experience
- Visit Agrigento and explore the ancient Greek monuments and ruins at the Valley of Temples, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Marvel at the largest, richest, and most intricate Roman mosaics in the world at Villa Romana del Casale in Piazza Armerina
- Explore the captivating historical center of Ibla in Ragusa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and visit the elegant Cathedral of San Giorgio, the Church of the Souls in Purgatory, and the magnificent Cosentini palace
- Visit the charming fishing town of Noto and the renowned archaeological area of Syracuse’s “Parco Archeologico della Neapolis,” before crossing one of the city’s bridges to the island of Ortygia to explore Baroque churches and medieval palaces
- Explore Mount Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe and the highest mountain in Italy, and admire the old lava fields and black magma rock formations that make up the awe-inspiring landscape
- Throughout the tour, you’ll enjoy delightful breakfasts and dinners at your hotels, have plenty of leisure time, and experience the history, nature, and culture of Sicily through its beautiful towns, monuments, and landmarks
- Daily Buffet Breakfast, 1 Lunch, and 6 Dinners
- Transportation by deluxe motorcoach
- Pre & Post Tour Accommodation
- Optional Activities & Experiences
- City Tax to be paid locally
- Drinks on meals
- Tipping for guide, driver and hotel staff
- Item, product or service not specifically listed under Included
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services