Jerusalem Day Tour from Haifa Port
As your cruise ship docks in Haifa, don’t pass up the chance to travel to Jerusalem. To accommodate cruise passengers docking in Haifa, we’ve crafted this day-by-day schedule of Jerusalem attractions. Tourists on cruise ships that stop in Haifa can take a day trip to Jerusalem. Travel from the port of Haifa to Mount Scopus for a bird’s-eye perspective of Jerusalem. Walk along the Old City walls as you pass the Garden of Gethsemane and the Church of All Nations on the Mount of Olives. Views of the City of David and the ancient Jewish graves in Kidron Valley can be seen from here. We walk inside the Old City and see the Temple Mount and the excavations at the Western Wall. We’ll be visiting the Church of the Holy Sepulchre after we finish at the Western Wall and go along the Via Dolorosa and through the ancient Byzantine Cardo. Explore the Jewish, Christian, and Armenian neighborhoods and take in the enchanting ambience of the market in the Jewish Quarter. Take a break for some lunch in the Old City before continuing on to the burial site of King David on Mount Zion. You will be taken back to the Haifa cruise port, where your tour will conclude.
As soon as you disembark from your cruise ship in Haifa, your tour guide will be there to greet you, and then you will immediately begin traveling to Jerusalem. On the way, we’ll take a little pause to use the restroom before continuing to the City of Gold. You can enjoy a panoramic view of Jerusalem’s rooftops, domes, and spires from Mount Scopus.
As you leave Mount Scopus, pass by the Church of All Nations and the Garden of Gethsemane. The Kidron Valley is an area in which we drive along the Mount of Olives, which separates Jerusalem’s Old City from the mountainside of the Mount of Olives.
A 3,000-year-old Jewish burial tombs can be seen in the valley. Alongside the vast city’s walls, your tour guide will point out several notable locations, such as the City of David, where Jerusalem was first established. The Dung Gate, one of the entrances in the 16th-century walls, is where we enter the Old City.
Finally, you can take a photo opportunity of the Temple Mount while looking down on the Western Wall excavations. The most sacred Jewish location in the world, the Western Wall, is where we visit. As a result of the destruction of the Second Holy Jewish Temple in 70AD, this section survived.
Next, see the Cardo, an excavation from the Byzantine era that was formerly the city’s principal avenue lined with stone columns. It was originally the major street of the city. Next, explore Church of the Holy Sepulchre on the Via Dolorosa after passing some Stations of the Cross. It contains the tomb of Christ and the site of His crucifixion (the 4th century).
This tour will take you to the Christian, Armenian and Jewish Quarters, where you may browse the traditional bazaar. Before moving on to our final visit to Mount Zion, we take a break for lunch in the Old City. You may go to King David’s Tomb here, which is a holy place for Christians, Jews, and Muslims. The tour ends with a drive back to Haifa, and your cruise ship.
Pickup Places and Prices
|From||Pick up time||Price|
|Sun S||Mon M||Tue T||Wed W||Thu T||Fri F||Sat S|
- Pick up and drop off at Haifa cruise port
- A fully qualified and licensed tour guide
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- In the booking process, it is very important to let us know the ship’s name, as well as the docking time
- The schedule shown is for the 9-hour Jerusalem Tour from Haifa Port when the pick-up time is 8:00 in the morning and the return to the port is by 17:00
- If your cruise ship docks at Haifa cruise port later than scheduled, we will delay the pick-up time accordingly
- As we are obliged to return you to the port on time, day tours from Haifa port starting after 8:00 will have to be shortened to meet the ship’s schedule. (A shorter itinerary will not include all the sites listed in the tour description)
- When you arrive at the port, a guide will be waiting for you, holding a sign
- The tour is available for customers that arrive on cruise ships to Haifa port only
- Please bring a hat, water, and dress modestly (covered knees and shoulders) as we will be visiting religious sites
- Please bring comfortable walking shoes as there is walking involved on this tour. This excursion is not suitable for guests with mobility issues
- Some sites may not be visited and others included subject to accessibility, security, holiday festivities, or other circumstances
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services