Holyland Tour: Jerusalem and Dead Sea
We will start by driving towards the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem. This mountain allows us to view in a panoramic way the entire Old City and the Temple Mount. Visit the Church of the All Nations, King David’s Tomb and the Last Supper Room which on Mount Zion. Descend from the mountain and cross through the impressive Zion Gate. Walk along the Roman cardo road in the same place where thousands of years ago locals and visitors used to walk in. We will visit the ancient Jewish and Christian quarters, envision the magnificent Temple Mount and walk along the historic Via Dolorosa – the place where Jesus walked while carrying the cross. We will end the road with a visit to the famous Church of the Holy Sepulcher. next station – the Garden Tomb in which we will enjoy the beautiful gardens and a peaceful ambiance.
We will start driving to Jerusalem’s Ein Karem neighborhood, where we will visit the Church of Visitation. Continue our way to the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum. Later we will visit Israel’s Museum with the Shrine of the Book – the place where the Dead Sea Scrolls are stored and where one can observe a reduced model of the city of Jerusalem from the time of the Second Temple. We will continue to the birthplace of Jesus- Bethlehem. We will then visit the Shepherds’ field. We will walk through Manger Square to visit the Church of Nativity. Return to Jerusalem for an overnight.
Drive through the deserts of Judah until we reach the caves of Qumran. These caves are the place where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. Continue our way to Masada. Masada was a Jewish fortress after the destruction of the Second Temple. The place was under Roman siege and the local story is fascinating. We will go up to the mountain with an electric cable and watch, on our way up, the hikers who walk through the snake path. At Masada, we will see the large local water pool, the water baths and more. Go down to the Dead Sea – the lowest point in the world. In this special resort, we will be able to float on salt water and spread ourselves in the famous Dead Sea mud.
- 2 nights accommodation on bed & breakfast basis
- All entrance fees & attractions as per tour itinerary
- Transportation in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Hand-picked expert tour guide
- Porterage at airport
- Tipping for guide, driver and hotel staff
- Beverages with meals
- Traveler’s medical/baggage insurance
- Any item, product or service not specifically listed under “Inclusions”
- Pre & Post Tour Accommodation
- The sequence of the tour, hotels used and sites visited may be amended due to circumstances
- Passengers should arrange their own travel, luggage and health insurance
- Click Tours Israel will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury
- Tours are conducted in English only
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services