Discovery of Naples, Pompeii & Sorrento
Embark on a 3-day tour of Southern Italy and experience the best of the region, including scenic drives, historical ruins, delicious cuisine, and breathtaking coastal views. This tour promises an unforgettable experience filled with memories to last a lifetime.
- You will begin your minitour from Rome with a scenic journey to Naples, travelling south along the ‘Sun Highway’. Admiring the picturesque countryside and charming medieval villages of the Castelli Romani region before reaching Naples, one of Italy’s most iconic cities.
- Next, you will embark upon a quick panoramic tour up Vomero Hill to capture stunning views of the Gulf of Naples, including Mount Vesuvius, Capri, Ischia, and Procida, plus not forgetting the ability to see the sights of the city below. It will be an opportune moment to take some astonishing photographs of these incredible places.
- Following on from taking in the views from your Vomero Hill tour, your next part of the itinerary will be heading down to the port of Mergellina and travelling south towards Mount Vesuvius. When you reach the town of Pompeii, it’s time to enjoy a delicious lunch featuring authentic Neapolitan pizza.
- After finishing your delicious lunch, you will arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage Site ruins of Pompeii (one of the most important archaeological sites in the world!), where you can benefit from a skip-the-line entrance and a professionally guided tour.
- The spooky ruins of Pompeii, dating back in time to the tragic days of 79AD, were when the silent Mount Vesuvius suddenly erupted, resulting in the once prosperous Roman city being littered with poisonous gases and harmful volcanic ashes, which left the city crystallized.
- You will discover, how the people of Pompeii lived during that treacherous time, stopping by houses and bars, and admiring frescoes and mosaics, which feeds your imagination to how rich and prosperous the city had once been before the tragic disaster occurred.
- Once you have completed your visit, you will be driven along the Sorrentine Coast, arriving in Sorrento for dinner. Please note, there is a formal dress code (along the lines of smart jacket attire for the gents, and elegant fashionwear for the ladies). So, kindly dress accordingly. Your evening will conclude with an overnight stay at your hotel.
- After fuelling up with breakfast, start on your journey to the picturesque island of Capri. Weather permitting, you will be invited on a boat tour to the famous ‘Blue Grotto’ where the sun’s light illuminates the seawater, creating a breathtaking blue glow.
- After returning to the port, you will board a minibus for a scenic drive to Anacapri, which is 918 feet (280 meters) above sea level.
- Before continuing to a local restaurant for lunch, you will be able to admire breathtaking views of the Bay of Naples. After lunch, you will have some leisure time to either explore the charming island of Capri at your own pace or grab a moment of shopping.
- After your day trip, you’ll embark back to Marina Grande, where you will then make your way to Sorrento for a fabulous evening dinner and overnight stay.
Time to have a scrumptious breakfast and a period of some free time to enjoy. Later in the afternoon, you’ll begin your departure journey back to Rome, where you can reminisce and look back at your time on this wonderful trip.
We use a variety of hotels in each destination, so you may stay in a hotel different to that listed here. Hotels are selected closer to departure date; you will receive a confirmed list prior to your departure date.
- 2 Nights hotel accommodation in Sorrento 4 Star Hotels
- Tour director during the first and last day
- Professional local guides
- Headsets in Pompeii
- Entrance tickets to Pompeii with Skip the Line
- Local assistant in Sorrento
- Ferry tickets
- Blue Grotto (weather permitting)
- 2 Breakfasts
- 2 Lunches (1 with the real Neapolitan Pizza and a drink included in
Pompeii) and 2 dinners (dinner dress code: jacket)
- City Tax to be paid locally
- Drinks on meals
- Arrival & Departure Transfers
- Tipping for guide, driver and hotel staff
- Item, product or service not specifically listed under Included
Why Click Tours?
- Quality tours led by expert tour leaders
- Hassle-free & seamless travel experience
- Quality & value for your money
- Friendly Customer Service & Your Own Travel Advisor
- Flexible tour options
- Wide Range of Services
You May Also Like
Discovery of Italy
Departure Days: Selected Dates
Grand Journey of Italy
Departure Days: Selected Dates