Judean Desert Safari Private Tour
our trip will be all about the desert. From the amazing landscape that we will observe from the viewpoint, to riding the desert's hills with a four on four jeep and of course – a great resting next to the Dead sea. Transfer to Jeeps and let the fun beginour experience will be outstanding. From here you can view the Qumran Caves where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered. Visit the Metsuke Dragot, and the caves around the Murabat Wadi, believed to be where the rebels hid during the Bar Kochba revolt. Finish your tour with short break making herbal teas and finally stop for lunch and a swim at the Dead Sea.
We will start the day by driving from the hotel towards the Inn of the Good Samaritan, a place that has just recently opened for visits for the general public. On this site, we will be able to visit the Mosaic Museum and the park which displays archeological findings from the Byzantine period. From this area it is possible to observe the Cavern caves. In these caves, archaeologists discovered the famous Dead Sea Scrolls.
At this point we will begin with the challenging and most fun part of the trip. – a 4 by 4 jeep will pick us up and we will ride with it through the hills of Judean Desert. We will explore the unique desert landscape while riding the jeep. Our next stop - Matzuki Dragot site. In the 1950s, artifacts were discovered in this area, which attests to the presence of Jewish fighters from the Bar Kochva period. We will continue riding on the jeep until we will reach Michvar view point. When we will stand on the steep cliffs, we will be able to observe one of the most fascinating places in history The Judean Desert and the Biblical time.
We will continue riding on the jeep until we reach another fascinating observation point - Mount Hassason. On the mountain, we will make a convenient stop to include authentic herbal teas under the warm sun of the Middle East. Our private guide will teach us how to prepare the authentic tea out of fresh herbs so that we can take this knowledge back home with us. Lunch will be eaten on the shores of the impressive Dead Sea. We will be able to cover our bodies in the famous Dead Sea mud that is known for its medicinal properties associated with curing skin diseases.
- Pick-up and drop-off services at your hotel or private address
- A fully qualified and licensed private tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Parking and toll roads
- Food and drinks
- Insurance of any kind
- This itinerary is only a proposal; we can customize this private tour according to your wish.
- On Saturday and holidays, an extra charge of $125 applies.
- Recommended to bring along: Comfortable walking shoes, hats, bathing suit, towels, sun protection.
|FROM||Up to 3 persons||Up to 6 persons||Up to 10 persons|
- Cancellation fee of 4% charged for notification up to 3 days in advance.
- Cancellation fee of 25% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification less then 1 days.
- Non Show - 100% Cancellation fees.